Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Wonderful Email Entries

Hi everyone,

I have new email entries to share with you today.....

From Dawn R.

Thanks for setting such an interesting challenge this month - I wanted to recreate a classic fairytale scene but didn't have the appropriate stamps to depict Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel or Snow White!  Mum and I share a lovely stamp from Lavinia Stamps which always reminds me of the pumpkin carriage in Cinderella, but Mum beat me to it and she used this one for her entry, so  I had to think again.  I tried to remember all my favourite fairytales from my childhood - particularly those Tales from the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen - but I couldn't think of anything that I could stamp.  A little more research was required!  I googled "fairy tales" and enjoyed reading a number of tales - and then I found The Gingerbread Man.  This might be possible!  I knew I had a small Gingerbread Man stamp in a Christmas set, and a Nursery Rhyme set from IndigoBlu which could provide the old woman who chases him.  I would have liked to have been able to add more characters to my scene, but I don't have any other stamps that would fit, so you must imagine that all the other characters that the Gingerbread Man meets on his travels are just around the corner!


Have a great day!


Dora said...

hello Dawn,
haha...you can't use the carriage anymore...your mum have to used it...hihi.
you made a beautiful scene as well! and so funny that little Gingerbread Man....with the women behind him...so great!! it tells really the story.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

Claire said...

Gorgeous scene Dawn and a wonderful interpretation of the challenge theme too
Claire xx