Saturday, March 2, 2013

Let Your Light Shine - email entry

Hi Everyone!

I received this lovely email entry from Dawn (daughter of Margaret from Yorkshire).  I should have posted this yesterday before the challenge ended, but there was just too much to do.



She wrote:
A late entry for the February Craft A Scene challenge - who knew there were so many lighthouse stamps available!   Mum (that's Margaret from Yorkshire to you) and I have two - she's already submitted a scene using the Lindsay Mason Cliff Top Scene stamps, so I thought I'd use the other lighthouse that we have in our shared collection.  This is a small individual clear stamp, which we picked up at the Happy Stampers North West show in Port Sunlight a couple of years ago - I'm afraid I can't recall the specific retailer/producer.  The yachts are a HobbyArt stamp called "yacht race"; the seagulls, sentiment, rowing boat and lifebuoy are from the Butterfly Kisses "Far Away" set, and the pebbles on the sand are an Art Impressions stamp ("teeny tiny flowers"?)


I water-coloured the images, then framed the scene with some braided ribbon - a new technique for me, but one is very clearly explained by Christina of Card-Making-Magic http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kR63I-vyls0

Once again, I've enjoyed gaining inspiration from the challenge and all the scenes which have been submitted by the design team and other challenge-participants - it's good to have a theme to work to, and a deadline!

Looking forward to the next challenge.

That's all for today.  In the morning we will have the winners from the February Let Your Light Shine challenge and the theme for March.

Have a great day!
NancyD

2 comments:

Gail said...

Just gorgeous, and I'll be checking out the braided ribbon!
What a great effect!

Dora said...

beautiful scene. the frame and how you put the lighthouse in the centre are beautiful.
greetings