Sunday, July 1, 2012

July Challenge - In The Garden


This month our challenge is to create a scene from "inside the garden". 


When I was a child, my mother said that I would grab the salt shaker and go sit in the vegetable garden and eat tomatoes right off the vine.  So when I think of "inside the garden" I think of what a child sees down low - the plants, the fence, dirt, grass, spiders, a rabbit, and all my mums flowers.


I hope my little story gives you some ideas of what our theme, "inside the garden" might mean to you.  This is what our design team came up with for inspiration.


Anna-Karin - Layers of Ink



"Here's my first card for the garden theme. It was harder than I thought, I haven't ever done garden scenes before I think. For this one, I created my favorite type of garden, a pretty wild garden, where everything grows where it wants to. I added lots of flowers to the grass, which might have been seen as weed, but I like these types of flowers".


Anja - Stamping Anja



Anja created this lovely card with lots of flower pots and flowers for us to enjoy.




Nadia - Scrap Affair





Nadia's garden is just outside her home behind the picket fence. I couldn't help but notice all the FlowerSoft in the wheel barrow!




Brenda - Floral Fantasies




Brenda used stamps from our sponsor - Heartfelt Creations and made this amazing window easel card.

Nancy - Crafting Passions


When I look at my patio garden I see pots of flowers and greenery.  Soon they will be overflowing with mature flowers.

Okay folks, now it is your turn to create a scene from "inside the garden".  We are looking for stamped or digi scenes that are finished projects (no ATC's or unmounted work).  Cute cards with a few added flowers will not be accepted - we need to see your scenic talents!


You may enter up to 3 times and as many challenges as you wish.  If you do not have a blog or account on Split Coast Stampers, then just email me a picture of the piece and I will add it to one of our posts.  Next week we will see creations from our guest designer and a selection from the design team.  Don't forget to add GDT to your link if you wish to be considered for a guest spot.


Please keep in mind that our sponsor this month is Heartfelt Creations and send them some love on our behalf.  


Have fun creating!
NancyD

9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Beautiful inspiration for this months challenge ladies. I missed not taking part last month, but have been to have a quick look at the entries, now that I'm back home, there are some beauties there. I shall be rummaging through my stamps to see what I can come up with this month.

Sue x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely cards, ladies

Nancy said...

Really pretty cards, wonderful inspiration, I plan on trying this type of card again this month since I love gardens :)

Jasmine said...

Beautiful inspirations from the design team! I want to do some gardening now :-)

hennie said...

Beautiful cards lady's.
I linkt my card to this lovely blog.
Many greetings hennie.

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fabulous challenge--I hope my card is scenic enough! The DT creations are all stunning!!! :)

Victoria said...

Fabulous garden inspiration!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Fantastic cards by the DT x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there everyone over at craft a Scene,
Awesome work by the DT - do love these and ones above.. - well dont die of shock but actually have entered another challenge with you sorry for long delay will try to be more regular, thanks for sharing, Shaz in oz.x